The weather isn’t the only thing that’s hot in NYC this summer! As the digital world continues to evolve, fashion and beauty brands are building buzz through social media and finding new ways to connect with their customers.
DigitalFlashNYC invited four amazing thought leaders for our summer panel to have a frank conversation about digital best practices in the fashion/beauty world.
Carla Dunham (@_CDunham): Senior Director, Social Media, Saks 5th Avenue
Heather Park (@HeatherPark): Director of Digital Media, NARS Cosmetics
Katherine Crane (@polyvore): Advertising Director, Polyvore
Nathaniel McNamara (@NathanielMc): President & Founder, Tip or Skip
Here’s a quick snapshot of what they had to say:
- Although influencer marketing is an important discipline for Fashion and Beauty brands, our panelists feel that efforts in the past have been misguided. Luxury brands are now linking influence with LOYALTY.
- The fashion and beauty industries are more democratized because of social media. Everyone is now an influencer.
- Beauty and Fashion do so well in social because they are such an emotional and creative vertical.
- Social media is evolving to the point where it is no longer a department. Each and every member of the organization needs to be educated in digital in order to be successful as a brand.
- Visual platforms, such as Pinterest and Instagram, will continue to be seen in digital campaign strategies moving forward.
- Fashion and Beauty brands will focus more of their social efforts around brand experience rather than discounts or sales.
- Unlocking the secret to generating ROI and sifting through the big data are two areas of focus moving forward.
Follow all the action here:
Saks Fifth Avenue: @saks
Stay tuned for our next event coming this Fall!